Since 1991, figuren theater tübingen has been devising theatre that melds visual arts, music, literature, film, and dance in an unmistakable style – with theatre puppets at the centre: Visual theatre for adults, involving all the senses, and internationally accessible.
Invitations to theatre festivals have taken the group working with puppeteer and director Frank Soehnle to more than 50 countries. Since 2016, the rehearsal stage in Tübingen has been open for productions prepared especially for that theatre space and for public rehearsals.
International collaborations, directorial work for other theatres, and teaching assignments at various universities complement the group’s own theatre work.
What will the year 2022 bring?
- The resumption of "Hôtel de Rive - Giacometti's horizontal time" in Theater Tuchlaube in Aarau (CH) on February 25th and 26th, 2022.
>> visit website of Theater Tuchlaube Aarau
- The Komische Oper Berlin is taking "Orpheus" with the puppets from Frank Soehnle back into the program from April 16, 2022. This time performed by Helen Schumann and Alexander Soehnle.
>> visit website of Komische Oper Berlin
- "la marionette à fil contemporaine” (The contemporary string puppet) is the subject of the seminar for professional puppeteers in Cannes (F) on April 4-15, 2022 under the direction of Frank Soehnle.
>> more information on this
- The world premiere of Bernd Marcel Gonner's play “Räuberjammer” in coproduction with Kulturhaus Mersch (LUX) starts May 15, 2022.
>> visit website of Kulturhaus Mersch
- Resumption of the "Jedermann" production at the Gera Puppet Theater on May 26, 2022 with Marcella von Jan and Matthias von Hintzenstern.
- The “theater.garten.festival” starts on August 28, 2022 in our theater garden around Schlachthausstrasse 15 in Tübingen.
The figuren theater tübingen is supported by a regular grant from the city of Tübingen.